This is my first attempt at making chili, and I must say that this random, throw together recipe is a winner!! It was really simple and had my house smelling amazing!
- 1lb ground turkey
- 1/4 lb Spanish chorizo -I used homemade, store bought is just fine
- 1 Spanish onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 -15oz cans tomato sauce
- 2 cans chili beans, with sauce
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- Small can of diced jalapeños
- 1 tsp oregano
- Splash of red wine
In a large stock pot cook the turkey, chorizo, onions and garlic until meat is cooked. Add the tomato sauce, wine, chili power and oregano. Bring to a boil, then summer on medium for 40 minutes. Add the jalapeños, chili and kidney beans and simmer for 25 minutes.
** I am obsessed with the flavor god seasonings and added garlic lovers and everything spicy **
Top with your favorite chili toppings!
Enjoy with a nice glass of red wine!